cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change password in ISE Guest portal

eperezb
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a guest user from the ISE sponsor portal, but what I need is to place a specific password but I have not been able to do it even importing the template, since the password is random, how can I create a user with a password in specific

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Arne Bier thanks for the answer, luckily I found documentation about this and managed to configure what I needed, 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi

It's not possible to manually (either via GUI or .CSV or editing the guest account) change the guest's password. Your only option is to reset the password one by one - and even then the new password is randomly generated based on the Guest Password Policy menu.

Unless I am mistaken, there is no option of setting a custom password for guests. Might need an enhancement request to the ISE BU. Although, that link currently doesn't work for me.

@Arne Bier thanks for the answer, luckily I found documentation about this and managed to configure what I needed, 

Thanks @eperezb  - that's good news - I wish that Cisco had just put that into the template. Thanks for pointing this out.

I was unable to find the reference in the documentation - can you please share the URL where you found this information?