Views
Helpful
Replies

change the IP address of ACS

abukuru95
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Guys,

I will soon be changing the IP address of my ACS server since i will be moving it to a new VLAN. this ACS is also integrated with Microsoft Active Directory users for authentication of the wireless lan users.

my main worry is if i change the IP address of the ACS, do i need to do anything on the Active Directory server? will i have any certificate related issues? the ACS i am running is version 5-1-0-44-6.

any advice is highly welcome and appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

changing the IP will not affect the certificate of the ACS,  neither joining the domain,
in worst scenarios, in case you face problem of having it back to Domain " can be domain side issue or clock issue"  you can simply remove the machine entry on the domain side, and re-join the domain " hopefully you won't need to do so" but even if you need it won't take more than few mins.

cheers,,

Mohammad,

View solution in original post

Hi Abukuru,

If you need to change the IP of ACS server then there will be no effect on "Certificate" but you need to update the ACS server address at the network wired devices using TACACS+ and RADIUS.

There will be no issue in the integration done with windows AD (Active Directory). But still to be more sure you can test the settings from inside the ACS server.

If any issue aroses then you can always put your query here.

Thanx and Regards

Anim Saxena

*Rate Helpful Post*

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi,

changing the IP will not affect the certificate of the ACS,  neither joining the domain,
in worst scenarios, in case you face problem of having it back to Domain " can be domain side issue or clock issue"  you can simply remove the machine entry on the domain side, and re-join the domain " hopefully you won't need to do so" but even if you need it won't take more than few mins.

cheers,,

Mohammad,

Hi Abukuru,

If you need to change the IP of ACS server then there will be no effect on "Certificate" but you need to update the ACS server address at the network wired devices using TACACS+ and RADIUS.

There will be no issue in the integration done with windows AD (Active Directory). But still to be more sure you can test the settings from inside the ACS server.

If any issue aroses then you can always put your query here.

Thanx and Regards

Anim Saxena

*Rate Helpful Post*

Thanks to you all for your help.

Hi,

One very important task is to update your dns records. Forward and reverse records should be accurate when you reconnect to active directory.

Hi Tarik,

You mean the IP address to hostname mapping in DNS?

thanks

Exactly you have A records and PTR records, please make sure those are changed so that the ACS rejoins successfully.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik,

Thanks for the complementary information