cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Choose dictionary and attribute in ISE

interfacedy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi To configure authentication and authrization in ISE, we need to configure Condition. In Dictionary window(please see the below), there are a lot Dictionary and Atrribute. We need to choose one of Dictionary and Attribute. so which Dictionary and Attribute do we need to choose? Based on what standard/rules we choose one of these Dictionary? we just do simple authentication or authrization for 802.1. Anyone can share some idea for this? Thank you

1.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amine ZAKARIA
Spotlight
Spotlight

@interfacedy ,

Each dictionary has attributes, based on these attributes you can match authentication or authorization rules, 

So which Dictionary and Attribute do we need to choose? That's depend on your deployment if it is (Wired/Wireless 802.1x with/without AD, and which EAP method used ? and so on ...) need more info.

I invite you to take a look on this valuable document ISE Network Access Attributes for the explanation of each of the default attributes on ISE.

Also, i recommend you to check labminutes.com for Cisco ISE Video's.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Amine ZAKARIA
Spotlight
Spotlight

@interfacedy ,

Each dictionary has attributes, based on these attributes you can match authentication or authorization rules, 

So which Dictionary and Attribute do we need to choose? That's depend on your deployment if it is (Wired/Wireless 802.1x with/without AD, and which EAP method used ? and so on ...) need more info.

I invite you to take a look on this valuable document ISE Network Access Attributes for the explanation of each of the default attributes on ISE.

Also, i recommend you to check labminutes.com for Cisco ISE Video's.

Hope that helps!

Hi Amin, Thank you very much for your nice explanation and document link!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: