Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2.3.0 reset-config

albertofdez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I use Cisco ISE in VMware environment, I have created a clone of a Cisco ISE 2.3.0 (with all roles) because I want to upgrade to version 2.7.0.

I had thought to do a reset-config in the clone after booting to change the IP and to be able to have the 2 ISEs in the same network while performing the update, is it possible? Are all settings kept?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @albertofdez,

if you are going to reset the Clone config ("reset-config") and do an upgrade, why not install ISE from scratch (version 2.7 P3)?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi @albertofdez,

if you are going to reset the Clone config ("reset-config") and do an upgrade, why not install ISE from scratch (version 2.7 P3)?

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Marcelo is correct. If your goal is to have the same configuration on ISE 2.7, better to install fresh ISE 2.7, apply the latest patch, and then restore a copy of backup taken from ISE 2.3.

The ISE admin CLI command "reset-config" is usually used to update one or more IP configurations of the ISE node. It will keep the other application configurations. On the other hand, the command "app reset-config ise" will preserve the IP configurations but reset the ISE application configurations back to factory set.