Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect NAM installed via Windows GPO but not showing

m.j.gritli
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco team

I'm currently deploying Cisco Anyconnect (VPN Core + NAM + Posture) for ISE Deployment.

I used Windows Group Policy (GPO) to install the MSI files, however, 

I see that for some users, NAM gets installed and works fine, while for others, NAM is installed (as per Control Panel) but not showing when I open the Anyconnect from the windows taskbar icon.

Is there anything that I'm missing? Please help!

2 Replies 2

Rodrigo Diaz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hello @m.j.gritli  I would check up if the following applications are running in the computer properly acnamagent.exe (NAM),  vpnagent.exe (Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Agent), aciseagent.exe (ISE posture module) , this can be reviewed in the task manager , details tab, If the applications are running ,  also review that there are no other 3rd programs interfering with the programs from above.  

Let me know if that helped you. 

m.j.gritli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rodrigo

Thank you for your reply.

I checked this case today and found out that the "service" for NAM or ACISEAGENT is not running by default, it's set to start manually instead of automatically.

This is weird behavior as it's not common for everyone who got the installation via GPO.

any ideas to check?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: