cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco AnyConnect Ver 4.4 / 4.5 (Windows Event ID 259)

Hi All,

Looking through some event logs on one of my Win 10 clients and found this:

Application event : The description for event ID 259 from source -=unknown=- could not be found. Either the compounent that rasies this event is not installed or the installation is corrupted.

Windows Event Messages.

Using openssl library C:\program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect secure mobility client\acciscocrypto.dll

or

Library (C:\program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect secure mobility client\acciscocrypto.dll) loaded

Cheers,

Jay

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Cisco AnyConnect Ver 4.4 / 4.5 (Windows Event ID 259)

Hi Jason

Can you descibe the issue you are facing with AC 4.4 or 4.5 apart from the Event ID ?

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Mohamed,

No real issue as such, I just want to know why so many event ID's are being generated and could this possibly be an issue in the future.

When I say generated I am seeing lots of events with the same ID and content.

Cheers,

Jay

Highlighted

Hi jason

Actually I check my Windows Event ID as well and I did find the same exact event ID 259 counting up to 946 since 25th August 2017 till today.

I do have Cisco Anyconnect version 4.5.01044 installed on Wiindows 10.

Although the category of thess events is Information but it may woth checking. will try to look around and see if I can conclude something.

Thanks for sharing that.

With Regards

Naser

Highlighted
Beginner

I have the same problem, Any solution for this issue