cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 1.1 Guest Portal Services

tdoyle
Level 4
Level 4

Do you have to have separate ISE appliances or VM clusters to have have 2 separate "Guest Portal" services?

I have two sites that have their own equipment (Arizona / Illinois):

- Cisco ISE Server

- Cisco Wireless LAN Controller

- Cisco Wireless Anchor Controller

- Cisco ASA

My understanding is that I'd need to have the ISE boxes running in "STAND ALONE" mode in order to have two separate "Guest Networks / Portal".

Thanks in advance!!!

3 Replies 3

jwmolenaar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Each Cisco ISE policy services node can run a guest portal also if they run in one deployment.

Depending on the way you mean "separate", your requirement can be met in one deployment or in two stand alone deployments.

Depending on your approach you need four Cisco ISE machines to build the in "one deployment" option.

2 Admin/Monitoring Nodes (Admin is Active/Standby, Monitoring is Active/Active) and two Policy Services Nodes (RADIUS Servers).  Both Policy Services Nodes can run the guestportal. The configuration of the WLC determines which Policy Services Node is being used. ISE use RADIUS URL redirect is used to redirect to it's own guest portal.

Hope that helps.

Anas Naqvi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As mentioned above, the Sponsor portal should be allowed to work on any node in a deployment, as long as that node also has Policy Services functionality enabled.

Please also check the below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1/user_guide/ise_guest_pol.html#wp1126706

sahseth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It will depend on Network Design you have and ISE version you are running.