cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 1.2 - NFS Backup

David Boos
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to use NFS to backup Cisco ISE on a schedule but I'm having difficulty.  I'm not sure what the settings should be or the proper syntax.          

5 Replies 5

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Was this ever worked for you? If yes, Is your deployment an upgrade from 1.1.x?

Could you please provide me the "Show run" and "Show timezone" from the ISE CLI.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

harvisin
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

please go through the link below :-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/cli_ref_guide/ise_cli_app_a.html#wp1027894

the syntax example :-

backup-staging-url nfs://loc-filer02a:/vol

nfs:

Source or destination URL for an NFS network server. Use url nfs://server:path1.

Server is the server name and path refers to  /subdir/subsubdir. Remember that a colon (:) is required after the  server for an NFS network server.

sahseth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello David,

Please share your ISE running configuration to find and verify syntex.

Source or destination URL for an NFS network server. Use url nfs://server:path1.

Server is the server name and path refers to /subdir/subsubdir. Remember that a colon (:) is required after the server for an NFS network server.

Also please reverify below required format:

The path must be valid and must exist at the time you create the repository. The following three fields are required depending on the protocol that you have chosen.

–ServerName—(Required for TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, and NFS) Enter the hostname or IPv4 address of the server where you want to create the repository.

–Username—(Required for FTP, SFTP, and NFS) Enter the username that has write permission to the specified server. Only alphanumeric characters are allowed.

–Password—(Required for FTP, SFTP, and NFS) Enter the password that will be used to access the specified server. Passwords can consist of the following characters: 0 through 9, a through z, A through Z, -, ., |, @, #,$, %, ^, &, *, (, ), +, and =.

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

If you are doing this from the gui, the : should be automagically appear. Just enter the hostname or ip address in the server field follow by the path in the next field.

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*