Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.3 Version Upgradation to latest stable version

Hi,

We are presently having Cisco vISE version 2.3 with 1 ADM & 2 PSN node deployment. As version 2.3 is out of Cisco TAC support, we are planning to do a parallel vISE implementation to stable supported version.

Please let me know, latest stable support ISE version for parallel implementation.In new implementation we are planning to go with 2 ADM & 2 PSN nodes. Attached is the licenses which are presently used in existing 2.3 version production ISE. Is it possible to transfer existing license from ISE 2.3 version to newly implemented ISE version.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The current Cisco recommended stable release is 2.7. Version 3.0 is out but
still having some bugs to be fixed.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

The current Cisco recommended stable release is 2.7. Version 3.0 is out but
still having some bugs to be fixed.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Licenses can be rehosted. If you change the number of VMs, be advised that each VM requires its own license.

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Adding some additional information:

As @Mohammed al Baqari mentioned 2.7 is the suggested release as of today.  Right now 2.7p2 is the latest.  However, per Cisco reps 2.7p3 is due out very soon ~Feb 2021.  2.7p2 has been smooth sailing thus far give or take a few what I like to call a few cosmetic bugs.  I would absolutely recommend getting to 2.7p2 over moving to 3.0 for now.  Also, you should be aware that as of 2.4 licensing has changed a bit.  See here for more details: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/guide-c07-656177.html

As far as the licensing conversion goes you should be able to email ise-vm-license@cisco.com, include your sales order the VM licenses were originally ordered on, and they should be able to guide you from there.  Good luck & HTH!