Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.7 Patch 3 VM High CPU Problem

mgesirgen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all,

Lately I am starting to get high CPU alarm from my 2 nodes ISE deployment.(2.7 with patch 3) When I started to tech top debug I saw that iseadmi+ is uses %500 CPU sometimes and also minimum %98. As I know all the ISE patches are cumulative, so there is a bug with id CSCvu32865 must not effect my deployment.Light session directory is enabled as the bug say I did not expect to hit that bug.(I have applied patch 3 before)

Note: I think this high CPU usage also cause GUI slowness and high authentication latency.

Do you have any similar issue and also which way did you use for the solution?

Thank you in advance.

3 Replies 3

@mgesirgen possibly not the same issue if already resolved in ISE patch 2.

There is another high CPU issue, that is resolved in Patch 5. https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvw09827

See if that is relevant and upgrade to patch 2, failing that log a call with TAC.

mgesirgen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Rob,

Thank you for the answer, i did tell something less, my 2.7 deployment was a Fresh install then restore from existing 2.4 deployment. As i read this light session directory feature has added to ise feature list at 2.6 and more in 2.7 enabled by default. What will happen if i disable this feature? My situtation will be better or worse?

Before testing this i will apply latest patch of 2.7 first.

Best Regards.

Hi @mgesirgen ,

please use the tech top command with the 1 and t (in other words: tech top '1' 't'), check the following:

TechTOP.png

Please check the:

Load Average (1min, 5min and 15min in the example above, a Load Average of 24 is the "same as" 100% for a Node of 24 CPUs.

. use of each CPU

Use the command show inventory and check:

. the Processor Type

. the Total RAM Memory

. the Disk Capacity

use the info provided by: Performance and Scalability Guide for ISE., search for Table 4. Specifications for Different Hardware Platforms.

Hope this helps !!!