Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.x - Restrict Host to only one valid authentication session

I have a question related to wired dot1x based on EAP-TLS authentication with ISE 2.x.

Is there a possible configuration to restrict one computer with a computer certificate to authenticate only once on an ISE cluster.

As soon the same certificate (subjectname) tries to authenticate on another switch, the client should not get a valid connection.

And what about PEAP-MSCHAPv2 authentication and MAB as well ?
Can we limit one user to only one valid session, so that it is not possible to authenticate twice with the same account/credentials ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

On ISE 2.2, you have now the possibility to limit the number of session per user. The configuration is done in: Administration > System > Settings > Max Sessions

A user (MSCHAPv2), a computer (certificate for example) and MAC address are all users and this will be limited by this feature.

Here is the official Cisco doc: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine-22/204463-Configure-Maximum-Concurrent-User-Sessio.html

Can you do the setup and let me know if you have issues?

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

On ISE 2.2, you have now the possibility to limit the number of session per user. The configuration is done in: Administration > System > Settings > Max Sessions

A user (MSCHAPv2), a computer (certificate for example) and MAC address are all users and this will be limited by this feature.

Here is the official Cisco doc: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine-22/204463-Configure-Maximum-Concurrent-User-Sessio.html

Can you do the setup and let me know if you have issues?

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thanks a lot for your Information.

We'll planning to upgrade to newest Version 2.2.

As soon we've upgraded and implemented those configuration, I'll give Feedback in this discussion.

No problem. You're welcome

Thanks
Francesco
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: