Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Active Directory Add Group

CSCO10675262_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I came across the Cisco ISE on integrating with Microsoft Active Directory; I would like to check what may be the use case of the add group function (External identity source-->active directory-->group-->add group)? Not too sure if it may be possible to group multiple active directory groups to the created group?

I have attached a print capture of the "add group" for reference.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

You cannot group multiple AD group to the created group. Add Group is for adding a new group in ISE which you didn't created in AD and require here to group some user on the basis of few common attributes.

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I apologize for not following Ravi's post. However you can enter the group if searching for groups fails. It is case and format sensitive so using the method has to be precise....one example is looking in the authenticatiin report for a user under the "other attributes" if there is a group you want to apply as a policy you can copy and paste that group syntax under the add group which you posted.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Ravi/Tarik,

Appreciate for the update on the functionality of the add group and method. I would like to check if there may be any reference/example for it expecially on how to group the users together based on an attribute?

Any suggestions is appreciated.