Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE add cli user

asmlicense
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have access Cisco ISE Cli, but I don't know the admin password. I mean, password is saved in SecureCRT and I am in automatically.
I decided to add another cli user account, login with that user and reset admin password.
Strangely, I can not login with the second user.
How can I add and login with the second cli user?
Can I use both of them in the same time?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What command did you use to create the second user ?

It should be "username <username> password plain <cleartext password> role admin"

Jan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

What did you configure exactly? Probably there was something wrong.

If you wan't to recover the saved password from SecureCRT, perhaps this is helpful (not tested by me):

1. Install "Roboform"
2. Edit the connection of the lost password, and change the username (copy and paste first if you don't want to damage the original connection)
3. Connect to host - this will fail because the username doesn't match password
4. The SecureCRT prompt show up with the password pre-filled
5. Click the Roboform "SAVE" button, connect again, and Roboform creates a new passcard for you with the password in plain text.
6. Click the "Edit" in roboform to see the password

I did the steps, but in 4th step it didn't show pre-filled password...username and blank password field.

Anyhow, I am wondering why I can not login with the second user in ISE.

What command did you use to create the second user ?

It should be "username <username> password plain <cleartext password> role admin"

Jan

Yes it is the same syntax. I succeded finally, just removed current connection entry and added new one with the new credentials in SecureCRT.
It should be something like SecureCRT's caprice.