Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE and Fortigate

fgatto
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys,

i finally found a square for captive portal configuration on ise.

Now, my need to make the software communicate with different networks. Let me explain, my company has 3 locations and I would like to implement the ISE solution on all 3 but without having to install the software in each of them. Therefore, I thought of using Fortigate FW as a bridge. How can I make cisco ise and fortigate communicate?

I look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks for the support

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

If you want to make the ISE guest portal available on your three differents sites all you need to do is allow communication to the ISE Ip address. 

You can use MPLS to interconenct the location (expansive) or you can use VPN (cheaper) with internet links. The fortgate can be used to stablishes the VPN tunel between locations. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

If you want to make the ISE guest portal available on your three differents sites all you need to do is allow communication to the ISE Ip address. 

You can use MPLS to interconenct the location (expansive) or you can use VPN (cheaper) with internet links. The fortgate can be used to stablishes the VPN tunel between locations. 

Hi Flavio, 

as per your suggestion i would like to use vpn for connection. is a mini-guide available on how to proceed?

Thanks a lot

Hello @fgatto 

Probably there are plenty of guides and video on how to setup site to site vpn with Fortgate, but honestly, I have no experience with this firewall particularly. Here is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHfjI13WiNI 

But again, if your intention is only make the Guest portal available to your users on the different location, aparently today they are separated location right? with no interconnection in between?  another  option would be you create a DMZ on the site where the ISE is installed and, then, allow the access to the portal from the internet. 

You can create a DNS entry for the portal pointing to a public IP address and a NAT on the firewall pointing to your ISE portal  IP address.

On each site, you need to permit users to connect to your guest network and be redirected to this guest portal through the internet. Which means, you need to allow the guests users to access that public IP address from the guest network.

It would work like many other cloud captive portal available on the internet out there. The only different is that you manage the radius server.

Rodrigo Diaz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@fgatto  you will have to verify firstly , if the version of fortigate and ISE are documented as supported, depending on the version you can find third party NAD tested and verified  as in the following link https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-6/compatibility/b_ise_sdt_26.html