Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Backup Failed in 3.1 Patch 6

Hello Guys,

We have recently upgraded 3.1 from 2.7 and scheduled the backup. Our configuration backup is successful and operational backup is failed. Below are the errors we are getting. I wanted to know what could be the reason.

From ADE logs the following messages is seen.

2023-05-20T00:01:52.863693-05:00 ISE-01 root: warning:[backup-app.sh] backup file ops_backup_devmgmt_system-OPS10-230520-0000.tar.gpg was not created as no application data exists for this backup

2023-05-20T00:01:52.934675-05:00 ISE-01 ADEOSJAVAAPI[30293]: ADEAUDIT 2012, type=BACKUP, name=BACKUP FAILED, username=system, cause=A backup has failed, adminipaddress=127.0.0.1, interface=GUI, detail=Application component backup creation failed for ISE

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

This sounds pretty bad. If you haven't already tried all the usual tricks, then open a TAC case.

I would try (in the following order) :

• Check if the repository is reachable (use the CLI on the PAN and issue a 'show repo xxxxx' (where xxxxx is the name of the repo where you want to store your backups)) - if using SFTP you might have to check the host crypto keys and/or re-enter the repo password
  • Reboot the PAN and attempt backup again via GUI
  • Attempt backup via CLI (with debug level 7)
  • Call TAC

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

This sounds pretty bad. If you haven't already tried all the usual tricks, then open a TAC case.

I would try (in the following order) :

• Check if the repository is reachable (use the CLI on the PAN and issue a 'show repo xxxxx' (where xxxxx is the name of the repo where you want to store your backups)) - if using SFTP you might have to check the host crypto keys and/or re-enter the repo password
  • Reboot the PAN and attempt backup again via GUI
  • Attempt backup via CLI (with debug level 7)
  • Call TAC