Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE CLI password reset

vsurresh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all.

Could somebody please explain the best way to reset the the CLI password for SNS-3515 appliance running ISE 2.7?

We've CIMC access but it decided to stop working now. (I can ping but GUI/SSH doesn't work) That leaves me with only option which is via bootable USB. I found this guide but quite confused with the exact steps needed.  steps. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/200568-ISE-Password-Recovery-Mechanisms.html

Has anybody done this before? If so, what is the best way to reset it?

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @vsurresh ,

if I am not mistake, F6 is the keyboard break for that ... please take a look at: Configure CIMC and Install ESXi on BE6K/7K in Case of Catastrophic Failure.

Hope this helps !!!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes that is right approach for password reset. (using Physical acces to kit)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks. 

Step 3. Restart SNS-35XX appliance and go to the BIOS mode on console

Step 4. In the BIOS mode, choose boot from USB.

Any idea how can I force the ISE to boot to the BIOS? Is there a keyboard break I should send?

Thanks

is this appliance right ? not VM?

BB

Yes, appliance. 

Password recovery using CIMC

Step 9. Enter F6 to bring up the boot menu. A similar screen appears as shown in this image.

Clear steps :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/200568-ISE-Password-Recovery-Mechanisms.html

You can use USB, if not you can use KVM and mount your Local device ISO image to boot.

BB

Hi @vsurresh ,

if I am not mistake, F6 is the keyboard break for that ... please take a look at: Configure CIMC and Install ESXi on BE6K/7K in Case of Catastrophic Failure.

Hope this helps !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: