Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Creating Policy using ERS

chebbah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !!

I want to ask if can we create conditions or policy rules using ERS,

if we don't, should I write a script python to do this via postman.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In ISE 3.1 the addition of Open API allows for Policy to be created/deleted/updated via API.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/identity-services-engine/latest/#!versioning/versioning

View solution in original post

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just be aware that there is currently not full feature parity between the GUI and API. While you can use the API and IaC tools to configure some Policy elements, it is typically just a starting point. The remaining policy elements would need to be configured via the GUI.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In ISE 3.1 the addition of Open API allows for Policy to be created/deleted/updated via API.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/identity-services-engine/latest/#!versioning/versioning

Thank you for your reply, I'm using 2.4.0.357, is it possible with it.

@chebbah, no, it is not possible with ISE 2.4.  

Also, note that the version you are using reached Last Date of Support on December 26, 2022, so please consider upgrading to s supported version.

End of Life Announcement for the Cisco Identity Services Engine Software Version 2.4 

Noted , Thank you

Hi Thomas
it looks like ciscoisesdk runtime constatntly fails for python env >=3.12 with "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'imp'"

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just be aware that there is currently not full feature parity between the GUI and API. While you can use the API and IaC tools to configure some Policy elements, it is typically just a starting point. The remaining policy elements would need to be configured via the GUI.