Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE derigister secondary node issue

Sarayuth.s01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I want to change IP address on Cisco ISE as I understand it can be changing IP address on standalone mode, So I has performed deregister secondary node (PSN and MnT) the deregister has success but once I access to web management on secondary node it's not show standalone mode still show secondary mode.

Can I use command "application reset-config ise" to solve this issue.

please advise. 

Cisco ISE version 1.4

Thank you,

Sarayuth

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried rebooting the node again? If not give that a try. Also, if the node shows as "secondary" you should be able to promote it to primary > make it standalone > make the IP change > register it again to the existing primary

Otherwise, the "application reset-config" will take care of it but you will be starting from scratch. The one main thing that you will lose is certificate(s) that are specific to this node. So I would recommend exporting those along with the private key and have them ready for import. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Yes I has tried reboot the secondary node but facing same issue. I cannot promote the secondary node to primary cuz it's not running policy administrator node. Can you pls confirm that "application reset-config" can apply on secondary node not only standalone mode. 

Thank you. 

Yes, the appliacation reset-config will clear the whole ISE database. So that configuration you will have to start from scratch. You will, however, retain your ADE-OS based configurations (IP Address, NTP, Timezone, etc)

Thank you for rating helpful posts!