cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Device Admin Licensing

Maurice Ball
Level 3
Level 3

Do I need a Cisco ISE device admin license for every PSN I enable the service on?

For example: If I enabled the device admin service on 5 of my policy nodes. Does this mean I would need 5 device admin licenses installed on the primary admin node?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, as of ISE v2.4+ you need one L-ISE-TACACS-ND= license per PSN you enable the device admin role on. So enabling device admin on five PSNs would require ordering 5x L-ISE-TACACS-ND=. You then have the option of either putting them in to a smart account ISE can be pointed at, or fulfilling them as a traditional license file and installing it on the admin node.

View solution in original post

Ok, great. I just wanted to make sure I understood it correctly. Thanks so much for the clarification.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, as of ISE v2.4+ you need one L-ISE-TACACS-ND= license per PSN you enable the device admin role on. So enabling device admin on five PSNs would require ordering 5x L-ISE-TACACS-ND=. You then have the option of either putting them in to a smart account ISE can be pointed at, or fulfilling them as a traditional license file and installing it on the admin node.

Ok, great. I just wanted to make sure I understood it correctly. Thanks so much for the clarification.

Hi,

Your device admin license are counted by the number of devices not by the
number of PSN nodes. You PSN nodes consume VM license only. But feature
license can be shared between them.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

Not with ISE.

That was the case with ACS, 500 vs large deployments. ISE 2.4+ licenses both virtual ISE nodes, and tacacs/device admin nodes by the number deployed. 

Thanks for correcting me Damien.