cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE distributed deployment "Multiple Certificates per Node. One for Each Service"

OJ_Magellan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

My Question is regarding "Multiple Certificates per Node. One for Each Service" / Certs renewal

Our current deployment consist of 6 ISE nodes => 2*PAN (Pri, Sec) , 2*Mnt (Pri, Sec) and 2*PSN (Pri, Sec), and we are using "Single Certificate per Node. Used for all Services"

Now that our Infrastructure has been upgraded including the CA Server, w want to shift from "Single Certificate per Node. Used for all Services" to "Multiple Certificates per Node. One for Each Service"

I know that the Admin Cert has to be on all the ISE nodes and the  EAP/Portal Cert only on the PSN nodes, However, how do I perform this task properly?

Do I need to perfom the Admin CSR 6 times, seperatly on each  ISE node? or can I perform the task directly once from PAN (Pri) for all the registered ISE nodes? Similarly for  the EAP/Portal Cert, twice from the PAN (Pri)? or seperatly on the PSNs?

Is there any Manual that describes the workflow/Steps to perfom this task?

Regards,

OJ

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I know that the Admin Cert has to be on all the ISE nodes and the  EAP/Portal Cert only on the PSN nodes, However, how do I perform this task properly?

-You will use your PAN (primary admin node) to perform certificates functions for all nodes in the deployment.  Functions include generating CSRs, binding the certs, adding certs to ISE trust store, etc.

Do I need to perfom the Admin CSR 6 times, seperatly on each  ISE node? or can I perform the task directly once from PAN (Pri) for all the registered ISE nodes? Similarly for  the EAP/Portal Cert, twice from the PAN (Pri)? or seperatly on the PSNs?

-As mentioned above you will use the PAN to generate each CSR for each node/purpose.

This guide will definitely help: How To Implement Digital Certificates in ISE - Cisco Community

Good luck & HTH!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

-You will use your PAN (primary admin node) to perform certificates functions for all nodes in the deployment.  Functions include generating CSRs, binding the certs, adding certs to ISE trust store, etc.

-As mentioned above you will use the PAN to generate each CSR for each node/purpose.

This guide will definitely help: How To Implement Digital Certificates in ISE - Cisco Community

Good luck & HTH!

Thanks for the reply Mike,

What about the Current system Cert (The result of the Multi usage CSR Binding)? would it automatically be replaced or ignored through the new Cert Bindings?

Thanks and Regards,

OJ