Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Endpoint API Bug?

Hi

I believe we're observing a bug behavior with one of our applications that uses Cisco ISE REST API.

Can anyone from Cisco confirm the following?

We try to query API to get a list of Endpoints using the following filter:

filter=groupId.EQ.<id>&filter=portalUser.EQ.<firstname.lastname@domain.com>

If we do search using this filter we get 0 results back, but if we change portalUser.EQ to portalUser.CONTAINS we get a list of all relevant endpoints. We compared portalUser as it's stored in Cisco ISE DB, as well as the one we pass to the API and they are indeed identical.

Why do we have to use CONTAINS instead of EQ? In fact, EQ works fine in our dev environment, but username format there is different: username@domain.com... it is shorter and there's no dot between firstname and lastname.

Has anyone observed this before? It is ISE v2.6 btw

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This looks like a defect in ISE 2.6 as I could duplicate the issue in my lab on ISE 2.6p6. However, with ISE 2.7, both EQ and CONTAINS are throwing the correct output so looks like it has been fixed in ISE 2.7. Let me check if we already have a defect filed on this issue.

With EQ

{
  "SearchResult": {
    "total": 0,
    "resources": []
  }
}

With CONTAINS:

{
    "total": 1,
    "resources": [
      {
        "id": "970c1f20-866e-11ea-8a45-6ede8ecf6cc1",
        "name": "00:01:02:03:04:05",
        "link": {
          "rel": "self",
          "href": "https://ise_ip_address:9060/ers/config/endpoint/970c1f20-866e-11ea-8a45-6ede8ecf6cc1",
          "type": "application/json"
        }
      }
    ]
  }
}
~Jatin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This looks like a defect in ISE 2.6 as I could duplicate the issue in my lab on ISE 2.6p6. However, with ISE 2.7, both EQ and CONTAINS are throwing the correct output so looks like it has been fixed in ISE 2.7. Let me check if we already have a defect filed on this issue.

With EQ

{
    "total": 0,
    "resources": []
  }
}

With CONTAINS:

{
    "total": 1,
    "resources": [
      {
        "id": "970c1f20-866e-11ea-8a45-6ede8ecf6cc1",
        "name": "00:01:02:03:04:05",
        "link": {
          "rel": "self",
          "href": "https://ise_ip_address:9060/ers/config/endpoint/970c1f20-866e-11ea-8a45-6ede8ecf6cc1",
          "type": "application/json"
        }
      }
    ]
  }
}
~Jatin

Cool. Thanks.

At least I know I was doing it right :)

Not sure when we're going to upgrade though, would be nice if it's filed and maybe fixed in the next patch?

Let me know

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: