Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Guest Portal Customization Ask

Keith Simmons
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Experts,

I have a unique ask for Guest Portal Customization.

Use Case:

Two Types of Guest Users

1) Traditional Guest - Click Through AUP Guest Flow - Guest Access Lifetime Expires in 4 hrs

2) Employee Guest Access - Username and Password Guest Flow with AD as the Identity Source - No Guest lifetime Expiry

Ask:

Customer wants to combine both use cases using one ssid, is this possible with scripting

Guest Flow would look like the following:

1) Traditional Guest

Endpoint Connects to Guest SSID -> Click Through AUP Page ->Accepts AUP -> Internet Access

2) Employee Guest Access

Endpoint Connects to Guest SSID -> Employee clicks on button from the Click Through AUP Page that takes them to the Guest Login Portal Page -> Employee enters AD Credentials -> Internet Access

3 Replies 3

paul
Level 10
Level 10

As I have said on other posts, how are you going to enforce the 4 hour time limit?  Are you going to set the session timeout on the guest SSID to 4 hours?  The only way to force the 4 hour limit is to make sure the device is reauthenticated in that time frame. 

I always push back on this with customers and say they are making things way too complicated for guest access.  Simply map your guests into an endpoint identity group that is purged every night.  So once a day the guests have to see the AUP.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/identity-services-engine-ise/linking-one-guest-portal-to-another-guest-portal/m-p/3467537

You can combine with what Charlie said and use this as well

https://community.cisco.com/t5/identity-services-engine-ise/how-to-limit-guest-access-to-1-hour-within-a-24-hour-period/td-p/3567858

Please be aware the apple Captive network assistant (mini browser) may not play nice with javascript and multiple redirects. You may need to enable captive portal bypass on the WLC to make sure it suppresses the mini browser so full browsers are required to be used