Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE - Guest Portal IP redirection

zizaziza011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco ISE Gurus :)

How to configure Cisco ISE 2.1 to redirect guest clients to guest portal using only IP address, and not URL? Design of my network does not allow any kind of DNS resolution.

I tried with configuring Cisco ISE IP under Static IP/Host name/FQDN option in Authorization Profile, but still clients are redirected using URL.

3 Replies 3

What are your guests doing when there is no DNS? Sounds strange ...

Back to topic: After configuring the IP in the Authorization Profile, does the block "Attributes Detail" show the IP in the url-redirect?

And be aware that with this approach without DNS, your clients are always forced with a certificate security warning what I would not consider a good practice.

We are using ISP DNS, and we do not want to create public DNS record for ISE guest portal. So IP needs to be used instead of URL. 

After configuring IP in the Authorization Profile, I can see that IP is used in url-redirect, and i can also see it in live radius logs. 

I am aware that my guest clients will receive certificate error, but this is a design trade-off that i need to accept in this case.

Todd S
Level 1
Level 1

It may seem odd but have you restarted ISE after making the URL change?  I've got my ISE deployment currently using the IP and not the FQDN and I can't change it back and I'm thinking I have to completely stop and restart the ISE services to get it to take the change.