cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE - How to stop email sent for a particular alarm

cwwong1973
Level 1
Level 1

I am being flooded with "Supplicant stopped responding" alarms via emails.

However, i would like the alarm enabled and sent to syslog but not sent via emails.

Removing the email address under "alarm notification" will remove the email address from all alerts.

Thanks and regards

Wong

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I also found ISE alerting via email confusing . I don't use the Alarm Notification tab at all, other than to specify a "sender email address" - but this is not the recipient email address! I don't enable email sending for all possible categories at a global level - that would be a spam attack !  Instead, I choose the Alarm(s) that I am interested in and then edit each one individually.

Choose the Alarm, and then edit it - select the Alarm Configuration tab and enter the recipient email address(es) in the filed called "Enter multiple e-mails separated with comma" - click submit.  That's it. If that Alarm triggers, then only those recipients will be emailed.

View solution in original post

Yes. And I doubt there is an API for this. Happy clickin’!!  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I also found ISE alerting via email confusing . I don't use the Alarm Notification tab at all, other than to specify a "sender email address" - but this is not the recipient email address! I don't enable email sending for all possible categories at a global level - that would be a spam attack !  Instead, I choose the Alarm(s) that I am interested in and then edit each one individually.

Choose the Alarm, and then edit it - select the Alarm Configuration tab and enter the recipient email address(es) in the filed called "Enter multiple e-mails separated with comma" - click submit.  That's it. If that Alarm triggers, then only those recipients will be emailed.

Thanks Arne. I guess that's one only other option. Its a pain to configure those alerts one by one.....no option to do bulk updates :)

Cheers

Wong

Yes. And I doubt there is an API for this. Happy clickin’!!