Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Licensing - Failed to verify signature

klnnnnng
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ISE guys,

we are running ISE 3.2 deployment and a few days ago we had to reboot both our PAN Nodes. Reboot Secondary (B Node), wait, promote to primary (A->B), wait, reboot secondary (A Node). Since then we are facing CSSM licensing problems -> "Satellite Authorization Renewal: Details=Failed to verify signature". Now the primary PAN Node disappered from the On-Prem CSSM Satellite and the Secondary got registered. Unfortunaltely now the authorization is failing the the ISE deployment cannot sync with the CSSM Satellite.

I tried Refresh and Renew Registration but the issue persist since the token/SN cannot be verified.

Does anyone has experience with the mentioned issue or is there a certain procedure that we need to stick to?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

ISE and on-prem CSSM licensing has always been unreliable in my experience and not sure who is causing this (ISE, or CSSM). If you find a stable combination of the two, then consider yourself lucky.  I occasionally have to de-register and re-register nodes to CSSM because all attempts to sync and refresh etc. don't work. Don't waste your time trying. Just de-register from CSSM, log into CSSM and if the ISE node is still there, manually delete it. Then generate a token and re-register. The CSSM feels like it's built on some pretty simplistic opensource code and I would hazard a guess, that it's not implemented in the most robust ways.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

ISE and on-prem CSSM licensing has always been unreliable in my experience and not sure who is causing this (ISE, or CSSM). If you find a stable combination of the two, then consider yourself lucky.  I occasionally have to de-register and re-register nodes to CSSM because all attempts to sync and refresh etc. don't work. Don't waste your time trying. Just de-register from CSSM, log into CSSM and if the ISE node is still there, manually delete it. Then generate a token and re-register. The CSSM feels like it's built on some pretty simplistic opensource code and I would hazard a guess, that it's not implemented in the most robust ways.

Hello Arne,

after all the unsuccessful Refresh and Renew registration attempts this is what we did and it helped. I thought there should or could be a more elegant solution to the problem. Thank you for the thorough explanation and sharing your expertise. 

Regards