Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Licensing Help

Hey guys!

I need help on ISE Licensing, I want to know what sessions mean in "Cisco ISE Plus License, 5Y, 100 - 249 Sessions" does it mean the license support "100-249 users" only? or what does it mean?

Thanks, 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ISE licensing is sold in bands, this provides tiered pricing where the larger the group of licenses you buy, the cheaper it is per individual license. That 5 year 100-249 session SKU is used if you are buying the minimum of 100 licenses, and up to 249. The next band is 250 licenses to 499.  

In my example screenshot you wouldn't buy licenses in both bands like this, I'm just using it to demonstrate the discount for buying a high quantity. You would buy in the largest band that fits your total purchase count.

plus.JPG

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ISE licensing is sold in bands, this provides tiered pricing where the larger the group of licenses you buy, the cheaper it is per individual license. That 5 year 100-249 session SKU is used if you are buying the minimum of 100 licenses, and up to 249. The next band is 250 licenses to 499.  

In my example screenshot you wouldn't buy licenses in both bands like this, I'm just using it to demonstrate the discount for buying a high quantity. You would buy in the largest band that fits your total purchase count.

plus.JPG

Hi @Damien Miller What do you mean by "bands"? does it mean the licensing is for each individual user? 100-249 sessions license support max of 249 users?

Think of bands as purchasing tiers with greater bulk discounts for larger purchasing volumes.

If you only buy 249 licenses, the average cost per endpoint/license will be more - $26.02 in Damien's CCW example above - than if you purchased the next higher band/tier with a Unit List Price of only $25.23 per endpoint/license.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: