cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Radius Service Monitoring with PRTG

Villager
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team, I would like to provide for document Radius Service Monitoring with  PRTG.

Please let me know if you have any doubt related with my document and please help to review vote for me. 

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Good idea. If PRTG have a Community forum, you could also upload your document there to help folks who want to monitor their RADIUS services.

When we think of network monitoring, a lot of folks are just happy seeing that their servers respond 100% of the time to a ping. But your test is a lot more useful to prove that the server can do useful work as well. I would not want to see all those Auth events in my ISE Livelogs - you might consider adding a Collection Filter to ISE to filter out Passed Authentications for that Username. I do that for all my load balancer and IOS probes. This is not useful information for SYSLOG or Splunk or any other log analysis - just wastes space and clutters the logs. 

Villager
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your comment and I agree with you, i tested with syslog as well. so many message types is sending to syslog server. My test radius monitoring purpose is to know for if radius service down or to detect of latency because of i faced the ISE server GUI is can't access issue at the time radius service also down or not, I would like to make sure to monitoring for radius service.