Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ISE REST API - Get internal user details

trinadcatij
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All.

I am new to Cisco, new to CISCO ISE and new to this forum. So please forgive me for silly questions if there will be any.

What I need to achieve is generate an export of internal users (to start with) and make it in the same format as user export from GUI.

My problem is that by running https://ISENODE:9060/ers/config/internaluser/userid I am not getting user password. it is returned like this <password>*******</password> and I cannot figure out how I can get the actual value.

GUI user export does provide with password value.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You may want to open a TAC case but i think if a password is changed by the user you will not be able to see the password through the API. You can set the password and if the change password flag isn't set then you can view the password, but if the flag is set and the user changes the password then you will not be able to view it.

Once again, ask TAC for confirmation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You may want to open a TAC case but i think if a password is changed by the user you will not be able to see the password through the API. You can set the password and if the change password flag isn't set then you can view the password, but if the flag is set and the user changes the password then you will not be able to view it.

Once again, ask TAC for confirmation.

Thank you