Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ise smart licensing via proxy

axeleratorcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking to temporarily have my ise nodes activate their license via a proxy.

Is it required to do this using an ad account via basic authentication? (I read it only supports basic authentication)

Or can you leave this out and just have the ise node be authorized via source ip address only? (Worse security wise i kmow)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can just fill IP address and port of proxy server and enter the IP address or address range of hosts or domains to be bypassed in Bypass proxy for these hosts and domain.

Check Password required check box, only if you want to use username password, it is optional.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

poongarg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The query is not very clear. I believe you are talking about smart license registration on ISE. What version of ISE you are trying to register license. You can configure proxy on ISE to reach to the CSSM portal. You will need credentials to login to the portal.

Yes i want ise to use an internal proxy to reach cssm.

Can i just fill in the ip address/port of the proxy?

Or am i also required to fill in the username/password in ise to authenticate to our proxy?

E.g. MUST we use "basic authentication" on our proxy? Or can i allow just the ip address of ise on our proxy to reach cssm (without using basic authentication)

You can just fill IP address and port of proxy server and enter the IP address or address range of hosts or domains to be bypassed in Bypass proxy for these hosts and domain.

Check Password required check box, only if you want to use username password, it is optional.