Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE VM deployment Licenses

hdza1915
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to install a Cisco ISE 3.1 as VM on a UCS server, in term of licensing I saw that R-ISE-VMC-K9 license is mandatory for VM deployment, the question is that if I use ISE-SEC-SUB with Essential or Adventage does R-ISE-VMC-K9 license still needed ?

Also for one device for example using 802.1x so one Essential is needed, what if the same device uses for example posture does one Premier license enough for both 802.1x + Posture or I need to purchase 1x Essential + 1x Premier ?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the VM Common license is required for each individual ISE VM you are deploying.

With 3.x you will need 1 endpoint license per endpoint. In your example, the endpoint would consume one Premier license due to the use of the Posture feature.

More details on licensing and how the consumption works with the 3.x 'nested doll' model can be found in the ISE Licensing Guide.

View solution in original post

jewfcb001
Level 4
Level 4

Yes . you need R-ISE-VMC-K9  for deploy and  ISE-SEC-SUB with Essential or Adventage for License consumption depend on feature which you use

License Migration

R-ISE-VMS-K9,R-ISE-VMM-K9,R-ISE-VML-K9 Migrate to R-ISE-VMC-K9 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, the VM Common license is required for each individual ISE VM you are deploying.

With 3.x you will need 1 endpoint license per endpoint. In your example, the endpoint would consume one Premier license due to the use of the Posture feature.

More details on licensing and how the consumption works with the 3.x 'nested doll' model can be found in the ISE Licensing Guide.

jewfcb001
Level 4
Level 4

Yes . you need R-ISE-VMC-K9  for deploy and  ISE-SEC-SUB with Essential or Adventage for License consumption depend on feature which you use

License Migration

R-ISE-VMS-K9,R-ISE-VMM-K9,R-ISE-VML-K9 Migrate to R-ISE-VMC-K9 

a50573329
Level 1
Level 1

is the virtual ise : R-ISE-VMC-K9= support  guest self portal registration and option to add sms gateway 

The virtual ISE appliance (on-prem or in the cloud) supports all of the same features as the physical appliance. It the exact same software, just running on a virtual platform.