Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NAM TACACS Authentication with cisco v5.1

Steven Chua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have an cisco ACS v5.1 and also a cisco NAM.  Currently, I have configured TACACS+ on the NAM and the ACS v5.1 however  when I try to access the NAM, the ACS v5.1 has an error message of "TACACS+  authentication ended with error" and I am not able to access  the equipment.

For your information, I have no problem with others equipment  TACACS+ authentication with the same ACS.

Please advise.

Thks and Rgds

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

I have an cisco ACS v5.1 and also a cisco NAM.  Currently, I have configured TACACS+ on the NAM and the ACS v5.1 however  when I try to access the NAM, the ACS v5.1 has an error message of "TACACS+  authentication ended with error" and I am not able to access  the equipment.

For your information, I have no problem with others equipment  TACACS+ authentication with the same ACS.

Please advise.

Thks and Rgds

Hi,

For NAm authentication via web you need to configure under user or group setting under Shell Command Authorization Set ---Per Group Command Authorization--then select permit and under command tab type web and under this permit the following commands

permit accountmgmt
permit system
permit capture
permit alarm
permit collection
permit view

Hope to Help !!

Remember to rate the helpful post

Ganesh.H