Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure ACS - Binding 2 MAC Address to a Single IP Address

Hi Everyone

I'm currently running 802.1X (Radius) in my wired environment. In fact, everytime a laptop is connected to the LAN, based on its' MAC Address, it will always get the same IP Address.

What I want to achieve here is, should the laptop connect via Wireless as well, the laptop should get the same IP Address too? Can this be done in Cisco ACS server?

Basically, I want to bind 2 MAC Addresses i.e. LAN Card and Wireless Card of a single laptop, to a single IP Address?

Regards,

Ram

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam
2 Replies 2

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version of ACS are you running and is the ACS currently assigning the user's ip address? If so, you may need to assign a static ip address in the user settings and not have it assign an ip address from a pool.

Thanks,

Tarik

Hi Tarik

Thanks for your kind feedback. The Cisco Secure ACS version is 4.2. Yes, the Cisco ACS is assigning IP Address to LAN users based on their usernames.

Based on your explanation, can I conclude that this requirment can be achieved? This means under the User Setup, I can specify an IP Address to a Username. In this way, which ever way the user connected either via Wireless or Wired, it will always get the same IP Address. Is this correct?

What happens if both the Wireless or Wired card is turned on at the same time? What's the impact?

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam