cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean up unused profile policies?

Josh Morris
Level 3
Level 3

I have imported a couple large profiling libraries and found that I'm not using (nor do I intend to use) many of the policies that were in the libraries. Should I go through and delete the profiles that I will not be using? Would the fact that the profiles are there create any space/resource issues? A general concern is that I am getting ready to move to a new 2.6 environment, and the less gremlins I have to move, the better. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've never gone to the trouble of doing so during numerous upgrades.

Do use the Upgrade Readiness Tool. It will clear up 99% of any potential issues that will affect an upgrade.

One thing that helps is to perform a fresh data purge (if you don't have any requirement to retain the old data) just prior to beginning your upgrade. That can save several hours per node.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I've never gone to the trouble of doing so during numerous upgrades.

Do use the Upgrade Readiness Tool. It will clear up 99% of any potential issues that will affect an upgrade.

One thing that helps is to perform a fresh data purge (if you don't have any requirement to retain the old data) just prior to beginning your upgrade. That can save several hours per node.

echoing @Marvin Rhoads You can remove anything you don't want but unless you're pushing 2000 profiles it shouldn't really matter. If you have too many gremlins why not build a new deployment? If its lab then snapshot a fresh install.

I couldn't stand it, I had to do something. Especially after reading the response from @Jason Kunst . I had 2,300 profiles in my library. Some of them had to go. After a couple hours I've managed to get down to about 1,300. I feel much better about it now!

It’s good to be organized:) wow you had a lot