Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure RADIUS for Cisco RV345P VPN Server

I try to configure a Cisco RV345P for VPN Remote Access Server. By default it provides only deprecated PAP type of authentication. For modern type of authentication it require external RADIUS or LDAP authentication server.

Where I may find comrehensive guide for configure RADIUS for a correct work in bundle with my Cisco router?

I tried FreeRADIUS and Windows RADIUS servers, despite the answer an 'Access-Accept' of a RADIUS-server, router didn't create a connection.

1 Reply 1

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I don't know if anyone on this NAC forum can provide exact guidance on how the RADIUS works on a Cisco RV345P - I would think that even if a simple Access-Accept were enough, then the rest of the logic would need to be statically configured on the RV345 - e.g. what IP address does the VPN client get (dynamic or assigned via RADIUS?) - and if a simple Access-Accept is not enough, then what else does the NAS expect? If you know this, then you can instruct ISE to send that to the NAS.

Quick search revealed this

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/rv345-radius-setup/td-p/3803039