cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring AAA network client on ACS v5.1 using the same RADIUS atributes from ACS v3.3

mourad lafjer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering if i should use the same RADIUS VSA attribute on ACS v5.1 to authenticate AAA clients as those i was using on my old     ACS v3.3 server.

Exemple : under ACS v3.3 i was using RADIUS (Cisco Aironet) attribute to authenticate AP & WLC, should i do the same under ACS v5.1 ?

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

When defining AAA client on the new ACS 5.x server you just select TACACS+ or RADIUS. We no longer define the RADIUS "vendor"/"VSA" when creating the AAA Client entry. All AAA client would be defined as RADIUS or TACACS+ only.

If you were using specific VSA Attributes then you need to send those attributes back configuring Authorization Profiles on the ACS 5.x. You will find the specific VSA attributes there. Refer to the following screenshots:

And here are the available attributes for the ACS for RADIUS Aironet:

NOTE: click images to enlarge.

If this was helpful please rate.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

camejia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

When defining AAA client on the new ACS 5.x server you just select TACACS+ or RADIUS. We no longer define the RADIUS "vendor"/"VSA" when creating the AAA Client entry. All AAA client would be defined as RADIUS or TACACS+ only.

If you were using specific VSA Attributes then you need to send those attributes back configuring Authorization Profiles on the ACS 5.x. You will find the specific VSA attributes there. Refer to the following screenshots:

And here are the available attributes for the ACS for RADIUS Aironet:

NOTE: click images to enlarge.

If this was helpful please rate.

Regards

Hello Sir,

Thank you very much for your answer, i've tested RADIUS authentication without choosing an attribute and that worked fine.

Best regards.