Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring User for ISE PIC on Windows Server 2016 in Core mode

Hello,

At one of our customers Domain is implemented using Windows Server 2016 in Core mode (there is no GUI for Domain management, CLI is being used). We are not able to replicate instructions for configuring a user for ISE PIC provided on the link on Windows Core CLI. 

More precisely, Permissions to Use DCOM and Set Permissions for Access to WMI Root/CIMv2 are problematic to replicate to Windows Core CLI.

My question is, does someone have instructions/commands for configuring a user for ISE PIC through Windows Core CLI?

Thanks,

Miroslav

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason is correct.  We haven't added any new features to ISE PassiveID or ISE-PIC in recent releases.   CDA has recently been patched to support Win 2016.  Please check to see if it will work for you.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

DEJ-IH
Level 1
Level 1

I've been waiting for this functionality since 2016. We were told there may be development to allow ISE-PIC to integrate with Microsoft Server Core, but I have not received word that this functionality is supported yet. I tried setting up CDA before it was dropped and that did not work either. I find it hard to believe that Cisco would not support a Windows domain controller in its most secure configuration with a security tool like ISE or ISE-PIC. 

Has anything been developed in the last few months to address this issue? 

Nothing has changed in ISE-PIC please reach out the the ISE product managers internally at http://cs.co/ise-pm and externally via http://cs.co/ise-feedback for feature requests. We can’t discuss roadmap futures here

Jason is correct.  We haven't added any new features to ISE PassiveID or ISE-PIC in recent releases.   CDA has recently been patched to support Win 2016.  Please check to see if it will work for you.

Regards,

-Tim