Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Certificate Provisioning Portal Cisco ISE 2.4

buhawi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have ISE 2.4.0.357, I'm trying to create a certificate provisioning portal, followed steps in guide and as soon as I click save, I get an error "Critical Unauthorized", it does not seem to be privileges as I'm using a super admin account, What could be the problem? I have a Base and Plus license. I appreciate any input.

Thank you,

B

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Unless it's a bug (what patch are you on ?) then it's not expected behaviour, especially if you are 100% certain that your admin user has the appropriate super admin menu/data access.

Hello Arne,

Thank you for the response, there is no patch installed yes this is the admin user, even created a new user with both a super admin and ISEadmin groups but same symptom.

Regards,

B

Strange - I don't recall there being any special tricks to this - at least, creating a new Cert Prov page should be possible, esp since you have the Plus License (for BYOD functionality).

I tested just now on ISE 2.4 (p8) by creating a new local admin in the ISE Default Group "Super Admin"

Could it be that someone changed the Super Admin Data Access settings?

Other suggestions would include:

• patch your deployment! ;-) - that's the first thing the TAC would say ...
  • If it's in production, raise a TAC case and let them poke under the hood.

ise-superadmin.PNG

Hello Arne, 

I checked the settings and super admin has full access, I will open a TAC case. Thank you for the help.

Regards,

B