cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCwa47133 - ISE 3.1 - Log4j Patch Availability?

pkarelis
Level 1
Level 1

ISE 3.1 ( 3.001(000.518) a/k/a 3.1.0.518) is listed as vulnerable, and the current patch that is available is showing for ISE 2.4-3.0.  When will an ISE 3.1 patch become available?

Also, a public service announcement:  the 3.0 patch doesn't work on ISE 3.1 in case you get impatient like me. 

I attempted to install 2.4-3.0 patch on ISE 3.1, and the install worked, but ISE wouldn't start after the install with the following error:

PAN01/admin# application start ise
% Error: ISE Integrity Check Failed! One or more ISE program files appears to
%        be tampered with. Check system log for specific error(s).
% Application failed to start

ISE Started without issue after rollback of the patch.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@rpmoyer93 wrote:

Getting pretty late in the day for the east coast here for a release of the patch for 3.1.  Is this still expected today or should we be watching over the weekend?

ISE 3.1 Patch 1 is now available and can be found HERE.

ISE 3.1 Patch 1 Release Notes can be found HERE.

NOTE:  Applying ISE 3.1 Patch 1 will restart the services.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

In fairness to Cisco, they did say that the patch was for ISE 2.4 through 3.0 - perhaps it's already fixed in ISE 3.1? Or they have not yet got around to fixing it. Or perhaps ISE 3.1 doesn't use this Apache library?  Who knows.

Nice try though

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Raise a TAC Case.

Latest update to the Vulnerabilities in Apache Log4j Library Affecting Cisco Products security bulletin (update 1.19) has stated hotfix for ISE 3.1 to be available on 17 December 2021.

rpmoyer93
Level 1
Level 1

Getting pretty late in the day for the east coast here for a release of the patch for 3.1.  Is this still expected today or should we be watching over the weekend?

@rpmoyer93 wrote:

ISE 3.1 Patch 1 is now available and can be found HERE.

ISE 3.1 Patch 1 Release Notes can be found HERE.

NOTE:  Applying ISE 3.1 Patch 1 will restart the services.

Thompso75401
Level 1
Level 1

What order should I use to patch my ise deployment w/ the log4j fix. Admin nodes, then mnt, then psn, etc...?

- The order is not important , and or also check this thread :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/log4j-hotfix-cscwa47133-ise-distributed-environment/m-p/4521609#M571847

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '