cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customer wasnts to ugrade from 1.4 patch 3 to 2.1 and is aksing for advise since 2.2 posted. Should I be telling them to use 2.0 for stability?

paulle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Customer wasnts to ugrade from 1.4 patch 3 to 2.1 and is aksing for advise since 2.2 posted. Should I be telling them to use 2.0 for stability?

What is the best way to track which versions of ISE to recomend?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It all depends what your customer has a need for in the release.

2.2 just came out and likely to have bugs but they should always proof it in the lab, unless they need something in 2. I would say 2.0 as its longer living, unless they need something in 2.1

2.1 will be supported for a time as well

It really depends on what they want.  2.0 and 2.1 are good releases that have different features

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It all depends what your customer has a need for in the release.

2.2 just came out and likely to have bugs but they should always proof it in the lab, unless they need something in 2. I would say 2.0 as its longer living, unless they need something in 2.1

2.1 will be supported for a time as well

It really depends on what they want.  2.0 and 2.1 are good releases that have different features

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

regardless they can't go wrong with 2.0 its a long lived release stable with lots of patches 2.0.1 to be specific

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

To clarify just a bit more...All software will have some defects which need to be resolved.  Be confident that each ISE release does go through extensive internal functional, stress, and performance/scale testing.  In addition to lengthy customer beta and pre-production runs, we also run each new release in an internal production network for a while to further vet out potential issues.  All top severity defects are resolved prior to release. 

That said, as a major feature release, a more conservative approach would be to deploy a version that has had a longer maturation period across a broader spectrum of customer environments.  To Jason's guidance, these would include ISE 2.0.1 and ISE 2.1.0 with current patches applied.

Regards,

Craig