Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize email notification variables for sponsor portal created user

MaErre21325
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

my customer asked me to add a field in the email notification that a user receives when is created via the sponsors guest portal in order to connect one of our wifi guest.
He wants me to add a row saying: "you have to connect to <Wifi_SSID_name>".
At the moment i've configured 10 guest types and we have 10 different SSIDs (one for each guest type), what i would like to have as result, is to have in the notification mail a specific row telling, eg: 

user in guest type "orange" connect to ssid "orange_guest"
user in guest type "green" connect to ssid "green_guest"
user in guest type "blue" connect to ssid "blue_guest"
and so on...

In documentation i found these parameters: ui_guest_ssid and ui_ssid to be added, but they aren't working as expected, following the mail i recieved:

MaErre21325_0-1707131224239.png

as  you can see in the last two rows, ui_ssid is giving a blank field, while ui_guest_ssid doesn't even work.

This is my actual configuration:

MaErre21325_2-1707131647155.jpeg

Can someone please help me adding the SSID to connect to?

Is there a way to automatically retrieve in some way this parameter?
I'm using ise 3.1.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@MaErre21325 This works for me.

• Add two or more SSIDs under Work Centers / Guest Access / Settings / Guest Locations and SSIDs / Guest SSIDs
  • Add the SSIDs as SSIDs available to sponsors under Work Centers / Guest Access / Portals & Components / Sponsor Portals / select a sponsor portal to use / Portal Behavior and Flow Settings / Portal Settings
  • Add the variable $ui_ssid$ (Guest SSID) into Email Notification / Email Introduction Text

After the above, the sponsor portal will have a SSID selection drop-down. Once a guest user created, it will associate with one SSID, which will show up as the value for $ui_ssid$.Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 21.02.21.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like a bug for TAC.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@MaErre21325 This works for me.

• Add two or more SSIDs under Work Centers / Guest Access / Settings / Guest Locations and SSIDs / Guest SSIDs
  • Add the SSIDs as SSIDs available to sponsors under Work Centers / Guest Access / Portals & Components / Sponsor Portals / select a sponsor portal to use / Portal Behavior and Flow Settings / Portal Settings
  • Add the variable $ui_ssid$ (Guest SSID) into Email Notification / Email Introduction Text

After the above, the sponsor portal will have a SSID selection drop-down. Once a guest user created, it will associate with one SSID, which will show up as the value for $ui_ssid$.Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 21.02.21.png

Hi @hslai,

thanks for the tip, i double checked all the steps and are already configured, but unfortunately i'm not provided the SSID choice.
Following the screenshot of the configuration steps you advised but as you can see in the last screenshot i don't have the drop-down tab and the $ui_ssid$ parameter received in the user mail notification is empy.

ise1.jpg

ise2.jpg

ise3.jpg

 Any ideas?

Thank you

@hslai i' ve found what i was missing, now it works, thank you a lot!
You heped me a lot!

best regards