Views
Helpful
Replies

Customizing Authentication on PIX

kdasari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks:

Is there any way to customize the user interface for authentication on pix.

Here is what I want to.

I have a segment that has wireless accesspoints connecting the users to our network that is inside of PIX. I want anybody who is going out from this segment to be authenticated. I configured it and it works. Well, here are my questions.

1. Is there any way to get the authentication to work at IP level rather than just http, ftp and telnet? I don't mean other layer 3 protocols, but

only for IP. For example I would like PIX to trigger authentication even for realplayer or msn chat thingy.

2. I want the users to see a web page containing some text with prompts embedded in the page, rather than the standard web browser login prompts and etc. I would guess that the customized login pages have to be hosted on an external server since you probably can't write html pages to pix's flash or wherever it stores this sort of stuff.

Any suggestions, workarounds or alternatives (except MS proxy and such)? Thanks for your help.

KD

1 Reply 1

j-block
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately, without a 3rd party solution, no workable solution is available currently for either.