Views
Helpful
Replies

Customizing Phone Number Input in ISE 3.0 Password Recovery Form

Fernando Magnus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

I'm facing a challenge with a specific customization and would like to request assistance. I've consulted other posts related to customizations but haven't been able to adapt any solutions to meet my specific needs, which I describe below:

I have observed our experience with the ISE guest portal, especially considering that it serves a campus with over 2,000 users, which increases the likelihood of incorrect usage by users.

During the self-registration process on the portal, in the phone number field, the user selects their country code (for example, Brazil +55) and enters their phone number for credential delivery.

However, when needing to recover the password, the current process requires the user to manually enter the country code (+55) before their phone number. This can be challenging for users less familiar with the system.

I would like to implement the same list of country codes available during registration also in the password recovery step. This would allow the user to enter only the remaining digits of the phone number, significantly improving the user experience and reducing potential difficulties.

A feasible alternative would be to have the phone number field pre-filled with the "+" character automatically, allowing the user to input only the country code followed by the phone number. Our main challenge is ensuring that users include the "+" character, even with clear instructions provided in the field.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fernando Magnus
Level 1
Level 1

After several hours of testing and internal development, we managed to make it work exactly as we wanted.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Fernando Magnus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ahollifield,

While I understand that Cisco ISE 3.0 has an End-Of-Life announcement, I've encountered the same issue in version 3.2 as well (affecting another client).

I've already submitted a 'make a wish' request through the URL provided. Now, I'll have to wait to see if my request will be addressed.

However, the purpose of starting this forum thread was to find out if anyone else has faced a similar need and managed to find a workaround through specific customization that they could share.

In any case, I appreciate your contribution with your response.

Fernando Magnus
Level 1
Level 1

After several hours of testing and internal development, we managed to make it work exactly as we wanted.