Views
Helpful
Replies

Cyclades ACS8 with Cisco ACS using TACACS+

craig.juhas
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone has already gone through this and has a nice answer for me.  I'm looking to integrate our Cyclades ACS Console Servers into our Cisco ACS servers using TACACS+.  At this point it's sort of working but not quite the way I want it to but I don't know what I'm missing. 

As it stands I've set up TACACS+ on the Cyclades with TacacsPlus/Local.  If I log in with my own credentials, which are derived from AD, it works but I am classed as a 'Regular User' with only the ability to start console sessions.  What I would like is to be classed as 'Admin'.  I'm guessing this needs setting in the Shell Profile but I don't know what I'm supposed to be specifying.                    

Please let me know if you know what to specify on the Cisco ACS server to get this working the way I want. 

System details are:

The Cyclades ACS8 is running v3.2.1

The Cisco ACS server is running v5.3.0.40

Regards,

Craig

2 Replies 2

dchamorro
Level 1
Level 1

Craig,

We have all of our Avocents running through LDAP/AD because at the time I couldn't find the right VSA for RADIUS. If you can get either the Radius dictionary or the TACACS attributes that ACS needs to see to map to a shell then I could help you write the profile.

D.C.

That's the part I'm missing at the moment.  I don't know what the TACACS attributes are for the ACS8's so I'm unable to have my login elevated above 'Regular User'.  Once I know what the attribute and value need to be I can add that to the Shell Profile and I'll be set.  It's just getting that list which is proving a challenge!