cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Database priming fails - what's causing it?

beclay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm stuck on what the problem with my ESXi/UCS might be (or if that is in fact the issue), and what to try next. I’ve installed ISE 2.0.1 and 2.1.0 from ISOs (ise-2.0.1.130.SPA.x86_64.iso for example) with what I believe are the appropriate resources (and there are no complaints about disk/CPU/memory), and everything looks solid until:

ise1.png

Afterwards, checking the status I’m getting:

ise2.png

No matter what I try, I cannot seem to get the Application/CA Server processes to move past init. Last week when I deployed this, I could not even get a response back from https://ISE-IPAddress/, it was connection timed out all day. Now this week I do get the following page:

ise3.png

However, the login link does not work. Not sure what got me further through multiple deployments/resets/application reset-config ise attempts, but at one point the NTP/DNS it was pointed to was not responding. As of today, as far as I can tell using show ntp, that’s no longer the case, but still no web UI access.

1 Accepted Solution
8 Replies 8

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Let's take this offline. It seems something specific to your environment.

I am having the same issue. Did you guys find a resolution for this?

I'm having the same problem. Can you provide any resolution ideas?

It appears to be corrupt software. I was advised to reinstall the .ISO.

pnavratil
Level 1
Level 1

I have this issue too - it seems it is somehow related to admin certificate - but I do not have any workaround yet ...

TAC is already involved. The problems started after certificate renew - it is still mystery what caused the problems, as we used nearly the same certificates for all nodes in deployment (7 nodes) but only on two of them (PSNs) the issue was observed. 
We found workaround with deregistering nodes from deployment - reset the configuration (application reset-config ise) without keeping the certificate. After this registered node back to deployment and after we upload the same renewed certificate as for the first time to this node no problems encountered - so it may be related to some other older certificate in the node store or something else ?? - still unknown.

I had the exact same issue, after certificate renew, the "Application Server" service of the secondary node was stuck at initializing.
Deregistered the node + "application reset-config ise" without keeping the certificate. After that, I registered the node back to the deployment and imported the certificate again without any issues.

Version: 3.1.0.518 - path 5