cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Definition of "significant profile changes" in ISE Anomalous Endpoint Detection

Hoi Lam So
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure about the meaning of "significant profile changes" in condition of Anomalous Endpoint Detection.

If there is a profile change from a profile to its parent profile, will it be a case of Anomalous Behavior?

On the other hand, if the profile is moving from a profile to its child profile, will it be a case of Anomalous Behavior?

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hey @Hoi Lam So 

Did you get any answers to your question (outside of this community forum) ?  It's a great question and I was wondering the same thing.

No search from the outside Internet, there is few people to study/discuss this feature. I only did some test in my lab.

I have tried different combination. But I can't remember all result since it has been a long time ago. For your question, short answer, Yes, the anomalous still be triggered even in the same parent. When I study the log, I believe the actual trigger point is DHCP Class ID changed instead of profiled group changed.

Personally opinion, this feature shall be highlighted as a detection tools instead of policy tools. If anomalous is used in policies set, the false-positive cases will just make you crazy.