Views
Helpful
Replies

Deployment ISE - elastic cloud server huawei

Daniel R
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a question regarding to if possible to deploy ISE 3.0 on elastic cloud server huawei, I've tried but I always got the next message 

csanchezitaltelcompeq_0-1675970398161.jpeg

I appreciete yours comments.

Regards

Daniel

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dalbanil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Daniel, I don't see Huawei Cloud Server supported for ISE, I would recommend you to check the supported platforms in the following Cisco documentation:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-0/compatibility_doc/b_ise_sdt_30.html

Supported Virtual Environments

Cisco ISE supports the following virtual environment platforms:

• VMware ESXi 5.x, 6.x, 7.x

• Cisco ISE has been validated with Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series with VMware ESXi 6.5.

• You can deploy Cisco ISE on VMware cloud solutions on the following public cloud platforms:

• VMware cloud in Amazon Web Services (AWS): Host Cisco ISE on a software-defined data centre provided by VMware Cloud on AWS.

• Azure VMware Solution: Azure VMware Solution runs VMware workloads natively on Microsoft Azure. You can host Cisco ISE as a VMware virtual machine.

• Google Cloud VMware Engine: Google Cloud VMware Engine runs software defined data centre by VMware on the Google Cloud. You can host Cisco ISE as a VMware virtual machine on the software defined data centre provided by the VMware Engine.

• Microsoft Hyper-V on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and later

• KVM on QEMU 1.5.3-160

• Nutanix AHV 20201105.2096

View solution in original post

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Supported platforms for ISE installation are shown here:

Platforms.png

If not shown in this list, the platform is not supported as of ISE 3.2

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dalbanil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Daniel, I don't see Huawei Cloud Server supported for ISE, I would recommend you to check the supported platforms in the following Cisco documentation:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-0/compatibility_doc/b_ise_sdt_30.html

Supported Virtual Environments

Cisco ISE supports the following virtual environment platforms:

• VMware ESXi 5.x, 6.x, 7.x

• Cisco ISE has been validated with Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series with VMware ESXi 6.5.

• You can deploy Cisco ISE on VMware cloud solutions on the following public cloud platforms:

• VMware cloud in Amazon Web Services (AWS): Host Cisco ISE on a software-defined data centre provided by VMware Cloud on AWS.

• Azure VMware Solution: Azure VMware Solution runs VMware workloads natively on Microsoft Azure. You can host Cisco ISE as a VMware virtual machine.

• Google Cloud VMware Engine: Google Cloud VMware Engine runs software defined data centre by VMware on the Google Cloud. You can host Cisco ISE as a VMware virtual machine on the software defined data centre provided by the VMware Engine.

• Microsoft Hyper-V on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and later

• KVM on QEMU 1.5.3-160

• Nutanix AHV 20201105.2096

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Supported platforms for ISE installation are shown here:

Platforms.png

If not shown in this list, the platform is not supported as of ISE 3.2

Rodrigo Diaz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Daniel R , as per the official documentation for the version that you are trying to install , the hardware where it's possible to install ISE 3.0 are : 

- Appliances of the series 3500 or 3600

- VMware Virtual Machines.

- Linux KVM

- Microsoft Hyper-V

-Nutanix AHV 

Hence the installation you are attempted it's not supported, for your reference https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-0/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide30/b_ise_InstallationGuide30_chapter_2.html#hardware-virtual-appliance-req 

Let me know if that helped you . 

Daniel R
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys appreciate your support.