Views
Helpful
Replies

E-mail body does not correspond to the e-mail received by the sponsor

rafaelsalvinos
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I configured the "self-registered Guest Portal" and enabled the "Require guests to be approved" option so that the approval can be submitted to the Sponsor.

Guest_1.PNG

I went to the "Portal Guest Customization" option, clicked on the "Approval Request E-mail" option and on the insert button to insert the Approval / Deny links for visitor access for Sponsor approval.

Guest_2.PNG

I accessed the Guest Portal link through the browser, registered and at the end the Sponsor receives the email with user information, except for the Approval or Deny links.
Finally, I validated that any changes I make to "E-mail Body" are not being reflected in the e-mail that the sponsor is receiving.

can you help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

What version of ISE is this? Perhaps a bug?

I would create a new Self-Registration Portal, and then copy and paste the contents of the email html/text into your portal.

If that still doesn't work, then see if the email sending works from the new Self-Registration portal. In the past, these features were a bit flakey.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

rafaelsalvinos
Level 1
Level 1

One observation is that when I access the Guest Portal settings, I see the observation highlighted below. Could this be related to the problem that the email body configured on the customization page does not match the email replied to by Sponsor?

Guest_3.PNG

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

hello @rafaelsalvinos 

The "Authorization setup required" is not related to the Portal itself. ISE is simply reminding you that you have not yet used this Portal in any RADIUS Authorization Result Profile. Remember that the Portal Redirection logic for Cisco WLC/Switches requires that the URL of the portal is sent back to the NAS - this is done via an Authorization Profile.

Back to the first question.  There was no need to click any "Insert Approve/Deny links" in the email body. Because there is already a built-in default email template that does this for you. This is the default below:

ArneBier_0-1696463145563.png

Hello @Arne Bier

The problem is that when I simulate the registration process through the Guest Self Registration Portal, the email is sent to the email of the sponsor registered in the form, however, without the Approve / Reject links in the body of the email .
I made changes to the body of the email on the Guest Portal customization page, however, none of these changes are reflected in the body of the email received by the Sponsor. The email that the sponsor is receiving does not match what is configured on the Guest Portal customization page and I have no idea where this template that is arriving in the email is coming from.

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

What version of ISE is this? Perhaps a bug?

I would create a new Self-Registration Portal, and then copy and paste the contents of the email html/text into your portal.

If that still doesn't work, then see if the email sending works from the new Self-Registration portal. In the past, these features were a bit flakey.

Hi @Arne Bier 

Your tip for creating a new portal was great, I did it and it worked, the email I received now matches the one customized in E-mail body.

I was using a Self-registered Guest Portal (default) that already existed, so I went to create and created a new Self-registered Guest Portal and this worked as expected.

Note: The new Guest Portal I created has the same settings as the old one that didn't work, I believe it could be a bug.

I'm using ISE version 2.7 with patch 6.

Thanks a lot for the help.