cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable FIPS on ISE new lab

AFlack20
Level 1
Level 1

I need to test some functionality of FIPS mode and am trying to enable it in a new lab of ISE 3.1 But when I go to admin>system>settings>FIPS Mode>Enabled and try to save I get a error message about needing to use "Default Device Admin" policy in Default Network Access (see screen shot below).

When I navigate to Work centers>Device Admin>Device Admin Policy Sets the default device admin is already set as the allowed protocols (see screen shot below).

This is a relatively fresh build of a lab and doesn't have much configuration. I'm also not very familiar with ISE in terms of TACACS configuration so any help would be appreciated.

Fips.JPG

DeviceAdminPolSet.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ammahend
VIP
VIP

Seems very similar to this but it’s on old code, but you can try the workaround since it’s a lab and let us know 

https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs70863

-hope this helps-

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ammahend
VIP
VIP

Seems very similar to this but it’s on old code, but you can try the workaround since it’s a lab and let us know 

https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvs70863

-hope this helps-

This was the case I followed the instructions as listed within the workaround and was able to get FIPS enabled. Appears this bug is still affecting versions all the way to ISE 3.1 which i have installed on my lab.

Good that walk around work for you, it’s not very uncommon for older bugs to re surface in new version, I have had a few experiences like this in past

-hope this helps-

In version 3.2 of ISE this solution does not work either.  The bug in question is apparently getting worse instead of better.  lol

Walker
Level 1
Level 1

TACACS is not a FIPS compliant protocol. I am assuming you are going to run into issues when attempting to use it with the FIPS checkbox enabled.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: