Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable profiling Service in ISE

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me, how to nable "Enable profiling service " on both of the ISEs.

Right now this option is highlighted and I can not check the box.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

11 Replies 11

Anas Naqvi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sandeep,

To enable the profiling service in Cisco ISE, you must install an advanced license package on top of the base license. You can utilize all of the session services, including the Network Access, Guest, Posture, Client Provisioning, Profiling Service, and Security Group Access (SGA) depending on your configuration on the nodes.

Cisco ISE allows you to configure the profiling service to run on multiple nodes that assume the Policy Service persona in a distributed Cisco ISE deployment. You can also configure the profiling service on a single node in a standalone Cisco ISE deployment.

With a Base license installed, you cannot profile endpoints on your network. You can only manage endpoints including import and the static assignment of endpoints by using the Endpoints page, and view endpoints on the Endpoint Identity Groups page

Kindly also check the following link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1/user_guide/ise_prof_pol.html

Hi,

I have advance licence but still I coundnt see the profiling config page  on both of my ISE servers.

Here is the screenshot:

Enable profiling tab is highlighted

REgards

Can you post a pix of your license page ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi George,

I have one more error.

I have setup 2 ise, secondary ise is getting eroor:

here is the screenshot of the error:screenshot is in german but i will translate it.

Translation:

This connection is untrusted

Firefox they have instructed to establish a secure connection to citsnw14.grammer.com, but it can not be checked whether the connection is secure.

If you normally build up a secure connection to the Web site has a trusted identification to ensure that you visit the right website. The identification of this site, however, can not be confirmed.

What should I do?

If you have any problems with this website usually, this error could mean that someone fakes the website. You should not proceed in the case.

Leave this site

Technical details

TES14.xyz.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is not trusted.

(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

TES14 is primary ise and TES15 is secondary.

I think its a problem of certificae but i am not fully aware about how these certifcate works.

any help is appreciated.

Regards

Hi,

The first screenshot shows that your evaluation of advanced license has expired (0 day). If you buy/install advanced license you will be able to configure profiling.

Regards,

Philip

Hi Philip,

we have Cisco Identity Services Engine 1000 EndPoint Base License.But id o not need to enable profiling services now.

Can you pleasee my last question related to HTTP:

I have one more error.

I have setup 2 ise, secondary ise is getting eroor:

here is the screenshot of the error:screenshot is in german but i will translate it.

Translation:

This connection is untrusted

Firefox they have instructed to establish a secure connection to  citsnw14.grammer.com, but it can not be checked whether the connection  is secure.

If you normally build up a secure connection  to the Web site has a trusted identification to ensure that you visit  the right website. The identification of this site, however, can not be  confirmed.

What should I do?

If you have any problems with this website usually, this error could  mean that someone fakes the website. You should not proceed in the case.

Leave this site

Technical details

TES14.XYZ.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is not trusted.

(Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)

TES14 is primary ise and TES15 is secondary.

I think its a problem of certificae but i am not fully aware about how these certifcate works.

any help is appreciated.

Regards

Regards

Sandeep

Hello Sandeep,

For profiling service , you need to have advance  license. Moreover, if you are facing certificate error, please follow  step by step method of managing certificates from the attached doc.

There is certificate error in your ISE. You have to configure Certificate server to solve the issue. Please check the below link for the same

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0/user_guide/ise10_man_cert.html

muhammk2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can you confirm whether you were using evolution version? If yes then  as per Phillip, advance license needs to be bought as the services will  work not work after  the expiration date of evolution license is  passed.

Regards,

Muhammad Khan

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

Please go through the link below for the steps to enable profiling.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_ug.pdf

Muhammad Munir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Depending  on your deployment type and the license you have installed, the  profiling service of Cisco ISE can run on a single node or on multiple  nodes. You need to install either the base license to take advantage of  the basic services or the advanced license to take advantage of all the  services of Cisco ISE.

From  the Administration menu, you can choose Deployment to manage the Cisco  ISE deployment on a single node or multiple nodes. You can use the  Deployment Nodes page to configure the profiling service for your Cisco  ISE deployment.

If you have the Policy Service persona disabled, or if enabled but the Enable Profiling Services option  is not selected, then the Cisco ISE administrator user interface does  not display the Profiling Configuration tab. If you have the Policy  Service persona disabled on any Cisco ISE node, Cisco ISE displays only  the General Settings tab. It does not display the Profiling  Configuration tab that prevents you from configuring the probes on the  node. The profiling service only runs on Cisco ISE nodes that assume the  Policy Service persona and does not run on Cisco ISE nodes that assume  the Administration and Monitoring personas in a distributed deployment.

For step by step configuration please go through this link: (page no. 510).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_ug.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: