cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling Advanced Portal Customisations

russell.sage
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ISE 3.1 spun up in a lab and I am looking at the portal customisation. The documentation states it needs to be enabled.

Enable Advanced Portal Customization

Cisco ISE allows you to customize the content that displays on your end-user portals. You can enter HTML, CSS, and Javascript code in the text boxes on the different pages listed under Portal Page Customization.

The procedure states Administration > System > Admin Access > Settings > Portal Customization

However my ISE install does show the Portal Customization menu option  - see picture. What am I missing?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From previous internal conversations, my understanding is that portal customisation via JavaScript was working in ISE 3.0 even without the JavaScript option enabled in that menu. For that reason, the entire menu was removed in 3.1 and JS should automatically work.

Unfortunately, it was never removed from the documentation.

Please try your JS portal customisation and open a TAC case if it is not working as expected.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi @russell.sage ,

are you using an Admin user (Super Admin Group)?

Note: the correct should be:

PortalCustomization.png

Hope this helps !!!

Yes this a fresh install of ISE 3.1 in a lab. 

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From previous internal conversations, my understanding is that portal customisation via JavaScript was working in ISE 3.0 even without the JavaScript option enabled in that menu. For that reason, the entire menu was removed in 3.1 and JS should automatically work.

Unfortunately, it was never removed from the documentation.

Please try your JS portal customisation and open a TAC case if it is not working as expected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: